- SMRT retains job for SAF Scholar COL (NS) Alvin Kek after returning from prison
- Tharman praises France for supporting its youth in developing football talents while MINDEF rejects SG youth in NS deferment
- No clear figures given by Minister Josephine Teo on success rate of Jobs bank and MyCareersFuture
- PAP – A party of institutionalised sexism
- Main-family of Mustafa Centre caught in legal entanglement with step-family
- Misleading headlines by mainstream media on SUSS Marriage and Baby Bonus Scheme
- Almost half of CPF members in 2016 cohort can’t meet Minimum Sum – can only withdraw up to $5,000
- Lawyer calls for the offence of “scandalising the judiciary” to be removed from statute books
- Will you really need travel insurance for your next trip?
- Jose Raymond: MINDEF’s criteria looks heavily skewed towards individual athletes
- The country is rich but the people are poor
- Does Chan Chun Sing not know the difference between basic needs and wants?
- As Lawrence Wong tries to implement cooling measures on coffeeshops, Low Thia Khiang already sounded warning horns a decade ago
- NSF distraught over alleged "miscarriage of justice" by SAF and SPF in theft case
- Former SMU Prof: While Malaysia progresses, Singapore regresses
- Incorrect installation of prefabricated wall in Tampines BTO project rectified
- Dr. Koh Poh Koon warns Parliament about dangers of wages outstripping productivity. What about Ministers?
- Almost half of CPF members in 2016 cohort can't meet Minimum Sum - can only withdraw up to $5,000
- MINDEF draws flak for rejecting Benjamin Davis' NS deferment application
- Ho Kwon Ping says that PAP will not suffer same fate as UMNO, but academics think otherwise
Subscribe to TOC via Email
Tag Archives: operation coldstore
Last updated on February 2nd, 2017 at 11:45 amBy Terry Xu When Singapore High Commissioner to Australia Burhan Gafoor rebutted Dr Poh Soh Kai’s recent allegations that a major crackdown on leftists in 1963 was a political exercise, his rebuttal was firmly rejected by Read MoreMore...
Last updated on October 21st, 2015 at 05:50 pmBy Hong Lysa True colours ‘Sound historical consciousness requires intellectual rigour and honesty’ — a very heartening statement by Tan Tai Yong, Nominated Member of Parliament, Vice-Provost (Student Life), director of the Institute of South Asian Read MoreMore...
By Teo Soh Lung There is a common saying that “Politics is dirty”. I didn’t know it is that dirty till I read the essays of historians, Professor Geoff Wade and Dr Thum Ping Tjin in “The 1963 Operation Coldstore in Singapore, Commemorating Read MoreMore...
Last updated on June 22nd, 2015 at 06:58 pmThe report below is by Maurice LB Williams, the Security Liaison Officer (which is the title of the Head of the British intelligence unit, MI5, office in Singapore), evaluating the evidence presented by the Singapore Read MoreMore...
Last updated on February 2nd, 2017 at 02:07 pmThe Online Citizen speaks with Dr. Thum Ping Tjin, a historian on the merger of Singapore and the Federation of Malaya along with Operation Coldstore which can be said to be a period of white terror of Read MoreMore...