TOC Moderation Policy
The Online Citizen reserves the right to moderate, edit, disallow, remove or delete comments or postings posted on this website and on its social media platforms which, in TOC’s sole discretion, are deemed to be inappropriate or are of the following nature:
– Vulgarities – in any language, whether colloquial or slang.
– Personal attacks, threats, insults, degrading or derogatory remarks about the author or fellow commenters or others.
– Racially offensive remarks or language.
– Religiously insensitive or provocative remarks or language.
– Handles, nicknames which contain vulgarity – in whatever form, in whatever language, slang or colloquial.
– Using nicknames which intentionally misrepresent/ impersonate fellow commenters or public figures.
– Comments which have nothing to do with the issue/s or the articles under which the comments are posted.
– Comments which contain inappropriate hyperlinks or are deemed distasteful, according to TOC’s discretion.
– Lengthy comments which exceed a reasonable length. Comments should not exceed 500 words. Anything more will be subject to this site’s discretion.
– Self-promotion of products or services or websites, including promotion of religions or religious organizations, unless links are related to article under which it is posted. (If you’d like TOC to help promote your website, products or services, please send us an email.)
– Defamatory or libelous comments.
Comments which are deemed to have infringed any of the above will be disallowed in its entirety. That is, should a comment contain any of the above, the entire comment will be disallowed.
Our hope is that a civil, meaningful and respectful discourse can be had by all for discussion and debate. We will not be a platform for anyone who wishes to use it for any other purpose/s.
TOC reserves the right to disallow any comment at its sole discretion, and we also reserve the right to permanently ban commenters who continually indulge in any of the above-stated prohibitions and also any commenters who create multiple accounts, to prevent astroturfing.
Any commenters banned from the discussion platform will be permanently banned, meaning if the commenter comes back after being banned and is being identified, the ban will be extended to the new account.
If you should find any content on this website undesirable or offensive or which may have infringed any of the above, send us an email or flag the comment up for moderation and we will look into them.
We can be reached at: [email protected]
We ask for your understanding, thank you.
The Online Citizen