Yesterday (25 Apr), the Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed and verified that there were 40 imported cases of COVID-19. There were no new cases of locally transmitted infection.
The imported cases had already been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) upon arrival in Singapore, MOH said.
Amongst the 40 cases, 37 were asymptomatic.
According to MOH’s data, out of the 40, 21 were Indian nationals tested positive for COVID-19 on arrival. They are holders of the various passes and permits:
- Work Permit
- Work Pass
- Dependant’s Pass
- Student’s Pass
- Short Term Visit Pass
Of the 21, 14 had travelled directly from India, 5 through Nepal and 2 through Maldives.
In addition, 9 of the 10 PRs who were also found to have been infected had travelled directly from India.
MOH’s data shows that the the cases were confirmed on 24 and 25 Apr.
Last week, Singapore announced that it would ban all non-Singaporean and non-PR travellers who have been to India in the preceding two weeks.
They would be barred from entering Singapore from Friday (23 April) night starting at 11.59pm.
It said that the ban would be enforced until further notice.