The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) shared on Monday (7 May) that a batch of “Singlong Peanut Butter (Crunchy)” was voluntarily recalled after it received feedback on a metal screw found in a bottle of “Singlong Peanut Butter (Crunchy)”.
The screw was found by Ms Sharon Foo who posted the picture on her Facebook account on 26 March.
She wrote, “This is something really shocking , peanut butter with a NAIL! What if it was swallowed.”
AVA said that it has since worked with the importer to investigate, and found that the metal screw could have been introduced during the manufacturing process of the product.
As a precautionary measure, the importer had voluntarily recalled the specific batch of “Singlong Peanut Butter (Crunchy)”. The recall has since been completed.
AVA advised consumers who have purchased the affected product not to consume it and they may contact Sing Long Foodstuff Trading Co Pte Ltd at 62845254 or email [email protected] to refund or exchange.