A fire broke out at a residential unit at Block 4 Sago Lane in Monday (23 January) morning, causing two people to be conveyed to Singapore General Hospital.
The fire is said to have broken out in victims’ kitchen, who are a female in her 80s and a male in his 50s. Both of them suffered smoke inhalation.
Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that it received multiple calls at 5 am asking for its assistance of a unit on the 10th floor of the affected building, which was then deployed two fire engines, two Red Rhinos, an ambulance and a support vehicle.
It also said that 15 residents from the block’s upper floors were self-evacuated.
SCDF also said that the fire was put out using a compressed air foam jet and a water jet.
A video of the incident was posted on You Tube by Wei Siang Chua.