Sengakang-Punggol LRT Line (Source : Wikipedia).

Hairline cracks were found on eleven first generation Light Rail Transit (LRT) trains from the Sengkang-Punggol Line during a fleet-wide inspection by SBS Transit in July.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) and SBS Transit announced this information during a joint press release on Friday (9 September) and said that the affected trains have been in service since the LRT line started in 2003.

They also said that trains were immediately withdrawn from passengers service after the detection of hairline cracks. However, six of them had been restored and returned to service. The rest are expected to be back on service by mid-October.

LTA and SBS Transit noted that the crack on the trains were found on the boogie frames, in which it do not compromise its weight bearing property, since the core function of the boogie frame is to support the guidance system of the vehicle.

It was also said that LRT services have not been affected as there are 57 (Light Rail Vehicle) LRVs in the Sengkang Punggol LRT fleet. A maximum of 36 trains is said to be deployed at any one time.

SBS Transit has also been inspecting all LRVs on a weekly basis for any new defects.

Photo of a wheelset from Wikipedia
Photo of a boogie by Rama – https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=384517
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
You May Also Like

Tourism arrivals and tourism receipts to remain weak in 2021 despite development of vaccines: STB

Tourism arrivals and tourism receipts are expected to remain weak in 2021…

HDB extends LBS to 5-room and larger units as resale value of old flats continues to slide

It was reported in the media on the first day of the…

印尼安全部长维兰托遭刀伤

印尼首席安全部长维兰托( Wiranto)在昨日(周四)拜访爪哇一个小镇,突然遭到受伊斯兰极端组织“哈里发国”(IS)影响的刀手刺伤。 根据当时拍摄的影片,72岁的维兰托抵达爪哇文登省板底兰。刚离开座驾,一名刀手突然上前袭击,后者随即倒地,刀手则马上被现场警员制服。 维兰托随后由飞机送往首都雅加达就医。当地传媒指出,维兰托下身及胃部中刀,但情况稳定及清醒;另一名警员相信是为保护维兰托,背部中刀。 当地警方较后公布施袭者身份,分别为31岁男子阿拉姆沙及21岁的安德里亚娜,相信两人为夫妇。暂未有组织承认责任,当局正调查犯案动机。 当地警方怀疑袭击者曾接触伊斯兰国恐怖组织极端主义。 至于我国外交部则发文告谴责上述“无谓的恐怖袭击”,并祝愿维兰托和其他伤者早日康复。 维兰托是印尼退役三军总司令。2016年,被现任总统佐科委任成为安全事务统筹部长。不过,当地维权份子抨击他曾参与血腥镇压1999年东帝汶独立运动,导致1000人死亡,不过后者否认犯罪。

Woman gets hit by golf ball from Tanah Merah Country Club while strolling at Changi Jurassic Mile

Just weeks after opening Changi Jurassic Mile, the attraction is back in…