- Lawyer calls for the offence of “scandalising the judiciary” to be removed from statute books
- Will you really need travel insurance for your next trip?
- Jose Raymond: MINDEF’s criteria looks heavily skewed towards individual athletes
- NTUC Fairprice: From preventing profiteering to making $380 million last year
- Why are neighbouring countries telling Singapore to “lay off”?
- Mixed public response on potential ripple effect across the Causeway
- The elephants in the room
- 297 errant PMD users between the ages of 14 and 80 have been caught for active mobility-related offences since 1 May 2018
- NTUC FairPrice with profits of $379m in 2017, what about all its social enterprises’ profits?
- Judging the judicary – The Unsaid and the Unsayable
- The country is rich but the people are poor
- Does Chan Chun Sing not know the difference between basic needs and wants?
- As Lawrence Wong tries to implement cooling measures on coffeeshops, Low Thia Khiang already sounded warning horns a decade ago
- NSF distraught over alleged "miscarriage of justice" by SAF and SPF in theft case
- Former SMU Prof: While Malaysia progresses, Singapore regresses
- Incorrect installation of prefabricated wall in Tampines BTO project rectified
- Dr. Koh Poh Koon warns Parliament about dangers of wages outstripping productivity. What about Ministers?
- Ho Kwon Ping says that PAP will not suffer same fate as UMNO, but academics think otherwise
- MINDEF draws flak for rejecting Benjamin Davis' NS deferment application
- Confluence of Najib's corruption and the peoples' anger that eventually brought UMNO down.
Subscribe to TOC via Email
Tag Archives: Operation Spectrum
“You are a Marxist.” “No, I am a Catholic” *PIAK* Now, imagine that exchange repeating itself no less than 50 times. In addition to being repeatedly slapped across the face by an ISD Officer who was trained in martial arts, the detainee would Read MoreMore...
By Teo Soh Lung Today at dawn, 27 years ago, plain clothes policemen climbed over my garden gate and started banging on the glass door. Rudely awakened by the loud noise of glass being hit, I looked out of the window and saw Read MoreMore...
Last updated on October 20th, 2015 at 10:50 pmAn personal account by Ms Teo Soh Lung of her experience in Operation Spectrum. “They are at my door”, the voice on the line was Souk Yee’s. “What should I do?” she asked. Well, what Read MoreMore...