It has been just announced that Mediacorp will be broadcasting a series of speeches delivered by the Singapore ministers from 7 June (Sunday) to 20 June (Saturday) via its free-to-air television channels.
The speakers are Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat, Senior Ministers Teo Chee Hean and Tharman Shanmugaratnam, Trade and Industry Minister Chan Chun Sing and National Development Minister Lawrence Wong.
According to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said that the national broadcasts will see the ministers explain “what a post-COVID-19 future looks like for Singapore, and lay out plans to see the country through the storm and emerge stronger”.
The ministers will talk about:
- What Singaporeans must do to live with COVID-19 for the long haul to go about their daily lives safely
- How Singaporeans can maintain relevance on the world stage as the geopolitical situation changes
- How to keep Singapore’s economy competitive so that businesses can prosper and create good jobs for Singaporeans
- How to create promising opportunities for all Singaporeans to succeed, and care for the more vulnerable
- How Singaporeans can work together to emerge stronger from this crisis.
These speeches will be broadcasted via the following channels at the stated timing.
PM Lee’s and DPM Heng’s speeches will be published on their respective Facebook pages, as well as on the PMO YouTube channel.
It is unknown if the Government will be paying for the sudden use of the broadcasting slots but it may be waived since Mediacorp is wholly owned by Temasek which is owned by the Ministry of Finance.