2020 Jan 26,Hong Kong,Hong Kong police patrolled outside the West Kowloon High Speed ​​Rail Station, all wearing medical masks to prevent Novel coronavirus/Wuhan coronavirus infections.

Hong Kong will close its doors Tuesday to all arrivals from South Korea except returning city residents in response to the growing coronavirus outbreak, the territory’s security chief said.

“Considering the development of the epidemic in South Korea, the Security Bureau will issue a red travel alert,” John Lee told reporters Monday.

The notice means anyone who has been in South Korea in the last fortnight will be denied entry to the international finance hub.

Hong Kong residents will be allowed to return, but will have to undergo a fortnight of medical surveillance.

South Korea has so far confirmed more than 800 cases of the novel coronavirus, by far the largest national total outside China, the origin of the disease.

Hong Kong has 79 confirmed cases, two of whom have died.

The city has implemented compulsory quarantine for any arrivals from mainland China, where the epidemic is most heavily concentrated.

The South Korea ban is the first time it has placed restrictions on a country beyond China.

On Monday, Hong Kong’s government also said it would charter flights to evacuate residents from Wuhan, the central Chinese city where the epidemic began in late December.

Hundreds of Hong Kongers are still trapped in the city and have been begging for rescue.

Officials said they would prioritise the most vulnerable, such as pregnant women and people needing urgent medical attention.

Last week, Hong Kong evacuated some 200 residents from the Diamond Princess cruise ship off the coast of Japan which had a major outbreak of the virus.

Two of the returnees have since tested positive for the virus.

– AFP

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
You May Also Like

NSP makes complaint to Elections Dept over Tin Pei Ling Facebook posting (Updated)

by Andrew Loh  UPDATE – 7 May 1100hrs: TOC has been informed…

分析:越南经济如持续增长,未来10年或超越我国

根据星展银行(DBS)报告预测,若越南成长率持续增长,可能在未来10年会超前新加坡。 据《今日报》报道,DBS 28日发表报告中表示,资深经济学家谢光威认为,越南近年来经济快速成长的原因,主要是得益于中美贸易战的影响,企业纷纷出走中国,将生产搬迁至东南亚;其二,越南经济政策将着重在长期稳定的经济发展;其三,越南是外国直接投资的首选目地。 目前,越南的经济蓬勃发展,现时的国内生产总值(GDP)规模已达2240亿美元(約3090亿新元),约为新加坡的69巴仙(我国2017年GDP约为3240亿美元)。 该报告也指出,越南以每年增长6-6.5巴仙的经济成长率,然而,我国则以约2.5巴仙的幅度持续增长。谢光威表示“这无疑吸引了大量的生产企业与投资者前往,在大量的外资流入与生产强劲成长的带动下,越南经济将在未来10年超越新加坡。” 越南政府预计,今年国内生产毛额(GDP)将至少成长6.8巴仙。谢光威表示,越南因中美贸易的影响、人口动态发展优势、低薪的生产劳动力、大幅改善的基础设施以及稳定的政治环境,比起东南亚其他国家更吸引国际资金流入 学者对此结果不意外,但也无须过分忧虑 针对报告结果,许多经济学家一同表示不感到意外,马来亚银行金英证券研究部(Maybank Kim Eng Research)资深经济学家蔡学敏表示,若越南持续保持增长,将有可能在5-6年超越新加坡。 国际私人银行(CIMB…

无视交通安全 电动踏板车骑士隧道疾驶

网民惊见有电动踏板车骑士在加冷-巴耶利峇高速公路的地下隧道中行驶,感到难以置信。 一名网友周一(6月1日)中午12时许,在加冷-巴耶利峇高速公里(KPE),朝向东北部的淡滨尼高速公路(TPE)方向前进的路上,发现一名电动踏板车骑士“公然”在马路上行驶,不仅违规还危险。 有关驾驶纪录随后被网友上传到脸书群组SG Reckless PMD Riders,引起网民注意。 电动踏板车课题去年在我国闹得沸沸扬扬,其中课题包括非法改造、充电时所引起的火灾和意外闹出人命。 去年11月,就有条例规定电动踏板车不能在人行道上行驶,也不能在马路上行驶,只能够在脚车道和公园衔接车道。违规者将有可能被罚款不超过2000元,或入狱三个月,或两者兼施。 然而,有网民认为,在阻断措施期间没有很多车子在马路上,所以这些骑士就会“趁机”享受在空旷地区行驶的自由。但是,还是有不少网民呼吁当局采取严厉的对付行动,不要轻饶这些害群之马。