The Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2020 is back to usher in the New Year, and this time it will feature an extended 90-minute musical show which includes fireworks.
The multi-sensory musical show, which is from Japan, will also include 500 drones and will make its debut on New Year’s Eve at The Float @ Marina Bay.
Event presenter Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said in a press release on Thursday (19 December) that the show is titled “2019: A Space Odyssey”, and it will have a variety of acts such as synchronised fireworks, pyrotechnics and 3D surround sound accompanied by performances by unicyclists, ballet dancers and fire performers.
The musical show will start at 5pm, and people can even experience a family-friendly entertainment zone and a food village while at the event. Tickets for the musical show are priced from S$88.
Besides this, another highlight at the countdown event is a circus act by Uncle Ringo. Audience will be treated to spectacular circus acts and stunts by the Great Circus of Europe. Ticket prices for the acts range between S$70 to S$150, with the first show starting at 4pm at the Bayfront event space.
For those who do not want to be part of the circus show, they can participate in carnival games and rides, as well as enjoy 50 food and retail stores at the Escapade Festival Village. Admission for this is free.
If patrons make their way to The Lawn @ Marina Bay, they can take part in multiple fun activities like bouncy castles, arts and crafts, roving performances as well as magic shows. These activities will be available for the public on 31 December from 5pm onwards.
Separately, Mediacorp’s Let’s Celebrate 2020 countdown concert will also be happening at The Promontory. Close to a hundred of Singaporean dance, music and fashion talents will grace the countdown, including the first home-grown artist to win Best Southeast Asia Act at the 2019 MTV Europe Music, Jasmine Sokko.
Apart from her, other local artistes that will be performing include Benjamin Kheng, Aisyah Aziz and rocker Ramli Sarip. Mediacorp artistes like Ayden Sng, Daryl-Ann, Jarrell Huang and Fang Rong will also be in attendance for a special performance.
This countdown will be free for the public and it will start from 7pm.
Apart from that, The Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 2020 will also include the Build a Dream, a joint effort to help less fortunate individuals in fulfilling their personal development and dreams.
Artwork designed by beneficiaries from local schools, welfare organisations and social services will be transformed into a series of light act projected onto the facades of the Fullerton Hotel Singapore, ArtScience Museum and the Merlion.
The light work will be displayed in the evenings from 26 December to 31 December.
As the finale to the array of activities, a eight minute-long fireworks display will take place sharp at midnight to welcome the new decade.
Full list of activities
Additionally, there will also be other activities and events hosted between different partner event hubs around Marina Bay and Civic District. Here’s a list of all the events:
- Build a Dream light display shows on key landmarks around the bay
- Mediacorp’s Let’s Celebrate 2020 countdown show at The Promontory, which is free to the public
- VOMG Rock Band NYE Party that features an array of rock medleys happening at the Singapore Flyer
- The Great Circus of Europe presented by Uncle Ringo along with other overseas circus performers
- Esplanade Presents Come Together outdoor show performed by local acts at the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre
- A family-friendly event called Starlight @ The Lawn which will have food, bouncy castles, live performances and more
- STAR ISLAND Singapore bringing a fireworks display set against the Singapore city skyline
- Unwind @ Civic District, featuring a pet zone with a number of programmes and contests as well as Eats & Beats, which is an area to enjoy good food and music
- New Year’s Eve @ Asian Civilisations Museum will display the one-of-a-kind exhibition Living with Ink: The Collection of Dr Tan Tsze Chor
- A countdown concert by The Philharmonic Orchestra at Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall
- An exhibition of artworks from local photographer Marjorie Doggett at The Arts House