On Thursday (25 July), NSL OilChem Waste Management Pte Ltd officially launched the opening of a brand new industrial wastewater treatment plant in Tuas, designed to treat a wide spectrum of industrial wastewater from industries such as petrochemicals, pharmaceutical, and automotive.
This S$40 million treatment plant is the company’s second treatment plant, and not only does it have a capacity of 1,000 cubic meter per day – one of the largest in Singapore – it also comes with state-of-the-art technology to address complex wastewater issues.
To meet the challenges of industrial wastewater management in a more effective manner, NSL OilChem Waste Management collaborates closely on the Research and Development (R&D) front with the Nanyang Environmental and Water Resources Institute at Nanyang Technological University as well as other academic institutions.
With a robust R&D panel set to find innovative technologies to treat challenging trade effluents and a well-equipped laboratory that can conduct a range of treatability studies, NSL OilChem Waste Management is confident to tailor optimum and cost-effective wastewater treatment solutions that are in line with the Public Utilities Board (PUB)’s environmentally sustainable practices.
“The NSL OilChem Waste Management’s industrial wastewater treatment complex will be an important facility in Singapore’s growing chemicals industry where there is demand for increasingly challenging industrial wastewater treatment,” said Dr Low Chin Nam, Executive Director of NSL Ltd.
Dr Beh Swan Gin, Chairman of the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB), was the Guest of Honour at the launch event.
“EDB welcomes the expansion of NSL OilChem Waste Management’s industrial wastewater treatment capacity in Singapore. Such facilities play an important role in our process manufacturing ecosystem, supporting customers from industries such as chemicals and pharmaceuticals. NSL is also an excellent example of a local company that is committed to the research and development of innovative water and wastewater treatment solutions as part of their growth strategy for the future,” noted Dr Beh.
Fast Facts on the NSL OilChem Waste Management’s Industrial Wastewater Treatment Complex
- The complex is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days in a year.
- The complex has wastewater treatment capacity of 1,000m3 per day and is one of the largest in Singapore.
- The complex can treat the following types of industrial wastewater:
– High COD / Sulphate / Oily Wastewater from Petrochemicals industry (Refineries, Oil & Gas, Precision Engineering, Chemical Plants)
– Glycol Wastewater from Automotive industry (Air-conditioning, Chillers)
– High COD / Wastewater from Pharmaceutical industry (Semiconductor, Food, Chemical Plants (ester, additives)
- NSL OilChem Waste Management Pte Ltd owns a fleet of vehicles to collect wastewater from customers’ premises.
- The NSL OilChem Waste Management’s industrial wastewater treatment complex uses modern technologies to treat wastewater that meet effluent discharge standards.