The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) has announced on Monday (19 March) the appointment of 18 Board Members to Enterprise Singapore, which will be established on 1 April 2018 following the merger of SPRING Singapore and International Enterprise (IE) Singapore.
The appointments of Mr Peter Ong and Mr Png Cheong Boon as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Enterprise Singapore respectively will take effect on 1 April 2018.
Appointment of Board Members (effective 1 April 2018)
- Mr Peter Ong, Chairman, Enterprise Singapore
- Mr Png Cheong Boon, Chief Executive Officer, Enterprise Singapore
- Dr Beh Swan Gin, Chairman, Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Mr Piyush Gupta, Chief Executive Officer, DBS Group Holdings Ltd
- Mr Vivek Kumar, Assistant Director-General, National Trades Union Congress
- Mr Andrew Kwan, Group Managing Director, Commonwealth Capital Group
- Ms Jeanne Liew, Principal and Chief Executive Officer, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Mr Lim Chow Kiat, Chief Executive Officer, GIC
- Mr Max Loh, Managing Partner, ASEAN and Singapore, Ernst & Young LLP
- Mr Pierre Lorinet, Non-Executive Director, Trafigura
- Mr Low Ming Wah, Executive Director, President and Chief Operating Officer, Micro-Mechanics (Holdings) Ltd
- Mr Mohammed Nasser Bin Ismail, Senior Vice President, Head of Equity Capital Market (SMEs) and Head of Capital Market Development, Singapore Exchange Limited
- Mr Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Temasek
- Mr Viswanathan Shankar, Chief Executive Officer, Gateway Partners
- Mr Teo Siong Seng, Chairman, Singapore Business Federation
- Mr Eugene Wong, Founder and Managing Director, Sirius Venture Capital
- Ms Audrey Yap, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Yusarn Audrey
- Mr Renny Yeo, Chairman, Singapore Accreditation Council
The ministry noted that the Board Members will work closely with Mr Ong and Mr Png in providing greater support and assistance to Singapore companies looking to equip themselves with new capabilities, innovate and expand overseas.
It also stated that Mr Png will concurrently be appointed to the EDB Board from 1 April 2018. Together, Enterprise Singapore and EDB will form the two critical and complementary pillars driving and implementing development strategies for Singapore’s future economy.
"Both agencies will work closely to drive more collaboration between multinational corporations (MNCs), large local enterprises (LLEs), small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and innovative startups," it added.