A 5.0 Ritcher scale aftershock struck Aceh on Wednesday (7 December) at 11.05pm local time (8 December at 12.05am Singapore time).
Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency (BMKG) said that the aftershock centered at a depth of 10 kilometers. Fortunately, no no tsunami warning was issued followed the earthquake.
Local media, Detikcom, wrote that people were rushed from inside their houses and evacuation tents when they felt the aftershock last night.
They were seen to be standing as far away from the trees, buildings, and power poles.
Many of the residents are now willing to move to the evacuation posts and left their houses as they are worried that the aftershock may cause more damage and harm their lives.
BMKG said that there were at least 25 aftershock ranging from 3.3 to 5.0 Ritcher scale occurred since yesterday.
An earthquake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale hit Pidie Jaya Regency, Aceh earlier on Wednesday (7 December) morning at 5am, destroying several buildings.
Head of the Data and Information Division at BNPB, Dr Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, said that the death toll from the quake stood at 94 people.
The BNPB also said that there are 73 people suffered serious injuries, while, 122 people suffered mild injuries.
It also noted that there are 227 houses and stores, 14 mosques, a school, and a hospital were collapsed.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) Singapore stated that it has contacted all Singaporeans registered in Banda Aceh following the earthquake (7 December) and confirmed that they are safe.
MFA along with President Tony Tan and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had offered their condolences. They also said that Singapore is ready to assist if required.