Telco provider, SingTel Singapore, announced Sunday (4 December) morning that its fibre broadband services have been fully restored after the breakdown which started early yesterday morning.
It also stated that affected broadband customers who are also Singtel postpaid mobile customers will have their local mobile data charges waived for both Saturday (3 December 2016) and Sunday (4 December 2016).
At the same time, it also offers all affected customers a 10% discount on this month’s broadband subscription, which will be reflected in January bill.
The service disruption was announced on its Facebook page on Saturday morning. It announced that some of their customers may be experiencing difficulties accessing their Fibre Broadband services and their engineers are working to resolve the problem.
At 7.50pm, SingTel said that its engineers have been working since morning to resolve its fibre broadband issues which have regrettably, caused islandwide disruption, which has affected residential customers and some business customers.
“We are currently still investigating why our servers cannot assign IP addresses to our customers’ modems to enable broadband connectivity. So far, while we have ascertained that the service disruption is not due to a DDoS attack, we are not ruling out other plausible causes,” it said.
SingTel also said that it would be working with its vendors throughout the evening and overnight to isolate the problem and get the broadband services up and running again.
SingTel then noted that its TV, mobile and fixed line services are not affected. Fans can still catch their Premier League and other football matches on SingTel TV tonight.
Despite the fact that the company had already announced that service has resumed this morning, there are customers who are still not able to access their services by the time this article is written.
According to the statistic recorded online, it shows that there are still some breakdown reports lodged.
Customers went to its Facebook page, complaining about the on-going issue. Consumers such as Ummirita Binte Abdullah who wrote on SingTel’s Facebook post, said that not only her broadband service is still down, her TV and and home line are also unaccessible.
Some commenters on the Facebook page advised such users to reboot their router and optical modem so as to reconnect to the network. However, even after they reboot the modem, some still could not connect back.
Here are some of the comments by the customers:
- Red Tan wrote, “Punggol Area is still down. Tried using the 192.168.1.254 network and rebooted the entire system but there’s still no internet. Singtel please fix asap. Just because some people have and some people don’t have wifi, doesnt mean you can take break already.”
- Ashton Chee How Ooi wrote, “SingTel, my postal code 419740. The Internet, TV still down. Please look into it. Hundred time reboot until don’t know whether your modem router spoiled or your network not yet restored.”
- Shona Wong wrote, “Singtel, will appreciate it if anybody is here to assist us on how to go about getting our tv and internet up? Tried calling in, no pick up. Posted so many comments, no reply. Is there nobody over at cso office now? Please reply! Thanks!”
- Cik Mel wrote, “Still no connection… Tried as mention to wired connection but cannot connect and reset. Both devices still have no connection. SingTel. SingTel. Do something!”
- Chew Jing Hai wrote, “Hi SingTel, please help. You state that the SingTel fibre broadband services have been fully restored. But mine is still down, have tried resetting it countless times. Wifi can be detected by my laptop but unable to access to the internet.”
- PohLye Lim wrote, “Same here. It is still down in Hougang (Broadband & TV), even though SingTel claimed the service is fully restored this morning.”
- Casey Ee wrote, “Bedok is still down. No Customer Service Officer is answering queries. I was put to wait on the phone line(1688) for more than 30 minutes, for a few times. They just keeping saying that their officers are busy.
What should we do? Singtel just keep announcing that the service is fully restored.
That is totally not true.”
- Cheong Tien Fook wrote, “Dear SingTel, I stay in Tampines Blk 727, my fibre broadband is still not working. I have been restarting my modem every 30 minutes since 7am. I called up your hotline 1688 but I was put to listen music for one full hour. Please advice what can I do next?”
- Ummirita Binte Abdullah wrote, “So angry.. Mine not only the internet connection but my home line and mio tv too not working. Been disconnect and connect, off and on but till now all doesn’t seem to work. Tried calling SingTel customer care but can’t get through. So frustrated.”
- Cindy Lee wrote, “This is not true that the broadband has resume 100%!!! This is frustrating!! Have been trying to call the hotline for the past 20 minutes without any customer service attending to. Left message also no respond what kind of telco provider!!!”