Malaysian Police said that it has stopped an alleged attack on the eve of its National Day by arresting three locals who were believed to be Daesh members.
Inspector General of Police, Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar, stated that the suspects were detained at Selangor and Pahang through operations which ran on Saturday and Monday.
He said in a statement, "They received instructions from Wanndy Mohamad Mohamad Jedi to launch attacks with grenades or firearms on entertainment centres in Kuala Lumpur, the Hindu Temple in Batu Caves, Selangor and police stations or police officers on the verge of independence in 2016."
The first suspect, a 20-year-old lorry guide, was arrested in Selangor along with grenades, pistols type CZ 2075 RAMI K75, and 24 rounds of 9 mm gauge on 27 August.
While the other two suspects, a 27-year-old butcher and 20-year-old drinks seller, were arrested in Pahang on 29 August.
"All three suspects planned to go to Syria to join terrorist groups with the help of Wanndy Mohamad after successfully launch the attacks," Khalid said.
Muhammad Wanndy Mohamed Jedi is a known Malaysian IS recruiter who had previously been linked to a beheading video in Syria.
Malaysian Government has reported a total of 230 people, including 200 Malaysians, were arrested between 2013 and early August this year for involvement in militant activities linked to ISIS.