Daughter of taxi driver thanks public

Ms Sun's FB post
Ms Sun’s FB post

The daughter of taxi driver, Sun Chuan Hua, who was assaulted by permanent resident, Peter Soosay, has thanked the public for their support.

Posting on her Facebook page, Emily Sun said:

“Every nite my dad wake up just wan to earn a living n pay for his medical bill.. End up this Peter soosay beat my father n run off.. Left my father badly injured.. Ytd was the day justice come to him.. Thank god for everything.. N thanks everyone for ur prayer n motivation..”

Sundram Peter Soosay, 43, a law professor with the National University of Singapore since 2008, allegedly punched Mr Sun at around 5am on Dec 25, 2013, in the vicinity of a bus stop near the then-King Albert Park along Clementi Road.

According to a TODAY report on 22 January 2015:


Testifying on the first day of the trial on Wednesday (Jan 21), Mr Sun, 69, said a passenger, reeking of alcohol, boarded his taxi on the morning of Christmas day in 2013 and he was headed for Clementi Road. As the taxi was nearing King Albert Park along Clementi Road, the passenger, who had vomited in the cab, told Mr Sun to stop the car. He then got off and sat at the bus stop for a few moments before walking away.

Mr Sun told the court that he called out to the passenger only to be ignored, until he declared his intention to call the police. It was only then that the passenger handed him a S$50 bill, added Mr Sun.

As he was walking back to his taxi to get change, Mr Sun said he was hit from the back, causing his head to slam against the ground and his forehead to bleed.

His attacker, whom he recognised as the passenger, pressed him onto the ground and punched his face and eyes repeatedly, Mr Sun said.

“I lifted both my arms to shield my face, but still could not avoid the blows. I did not have any strength,” he added.

In an earlier post, Ms Sun expressed relief that “finally justic has come for this man”, referring to Mr Soosay.

“He was drunk on that day n vomit my father’s cab. So my father stop the cab at a near by bus stop near clementi road to let him cool down. After few min later, my father went to ask him whether he wan my father to send him home or just pay the cab fare and leave.

“But he refuse to pay and quickly walk off.. so my father went to him and stop him.

“So this man ( on the left ) took out S$50 and pass to my father. So my father went back to the cab and took the change.

“When my father open the door, suddenly this idiot took something and hit at the back of my father head.. he keep on beating him until my father head bleed.. this man stil not happy and turn my father and took something and bit his forehead.

Mr Sun at home (photo: Emily FB)
Mr Sun at home (photo: Emily FB)

“My father told me on that time he have no energy and no strength to push him away and he give up ( my father is aready 70 years old )..

“But lucky a young man safe my father.. This incident happen around 5 plus in the morning..

“Really want to thank to that young man who saving my father life… Really thank you!!”

The young man was Mr Matthew Auw, who also testified in the court hearing.

He took Mr Sun to the hospital, where the latter received seven stitches to his forehand.

He also sustained grazes to his left arm and knees and was on medical leave for 17 days, during which time he was unable to drive as he could not lift his left arm, TODAY said.

Notify of
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments