- SDP: VERS and HIP II; More snake oil from PAP
- Poll shows 44% don’t resonate with any of PM Lee’s announcements at NDR
- VERS and the relaxation of CPF rules – kicking an empty promise further down the road?
- The manipulation of race and religion in politics that needs to be addressed
- The problem of cronyism when in pursuit of political change
- Chubb establishes major accounts division in Asia Pacific
- Even hardcore PAP supporter Calvin Cheng disappointed with PM Lee’s NDR speech
- Different bodies have to work together to prevent sliding back after success of change in Malaysia
- 88 arrested in multi-agency anti-crime operation
- Singapore definitely can achieve a change in govt but question is when, and whether alternatives are avaliable
- Clarifying viral video alleging PAP MP owning luxury car, and MPs playing golf without paid membership
- What are the implications of PM Lee steering clear of Ministers’ pay and leadership succession?
- DBS explains PR's online posting: "He remains Indian at heart"
- To dish out the same old script and same old tricks is to take Singaporeans for granted and for fools
- MP who owns Bentley strongly believes in meritocracy and still upset being denied Math prize in P5
- HDB flat buyers should be aware that they are "lessees, not owners", says renowned real estate agent
- The people's voice or the PAP's voice?
- If the PAP leaders claim to love Singapore, they should take a leaf from Koh Boon Hwee's book
- NDP seating arrangement at The Float shows the pervasiveness of entitlement
- ESM Goh may say Singapore does not need a former PM to rescue it but does PAP need a former PM to save it?
Subscribe to TOC via Email
Tag Archives: social welfare
By Terry Xu Published on 2012-09-09 by Terry Xu 0
Last updated on October 1st, 2015 at 11:04 amBy Dr Yuen Chung Kwong Singapore’s official social philosophy has always placed emphasis on self reliance, fearing that that welfare provisions might encourage undesirable patterns of behavior, e.g., unemployment benefit might reduce motivation to work; child Read MoreMore...
By The Online Citizen Published on 2007-12-14 by The Online Citizen 0
Last updated on October 1st, 2015 at 11:04 amBy Leong Sze Hian To what extent has our liberal foreign labour and citizenship policies affected Singaporeans’ rights with reference to Article 22 and 25 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights ? Read MoreMore...