Ten days into the Circuit Breaker, about 50 people were still caught for not wearing face masks when they visited public places. Certain people seemed to have a difficult time understanding that it is mandatory to wear face masks when they need to leave their homes.
Masagos Zulkifli, the Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, raised this issue on his Facebook page yesterday (16 April), reminding everyone to follow the protective measures during a critical time like this.
Mr Masagos expressed understanding that it was not easy to adjust to spending most of our time at home, as well as wearing masks and practising safe distancing when we leave home. However, he emphasised that these measures are “critical” to effectively contain COVID-19.

After observing the public yesterday, he stated that there were around 50 people who were out and about without face masks. Mr Masagos reported that it was a good sign, but he still hoped that he would find none after that.

“It is now mandatory to wear a mask when out of home. Glad to know the majority have been doing so. Today, only close to 50 people were found to be in public spaces without masks. It’s a good sign but I hope we will find none tomorrow!”

He warned Singaporeans to not let their guards down even when things begin to look better, and it is important to complete the Circuit Breaker with absolute seriousness until the very end.
Looking at how a small number of people are getting complacent even when COVID-19 cases continued to soar daily, Mr Masagos said that he could still find people dining in at hawker centres and crowds could be seen at markets. Some people could also be seen loitering at parks and public spaces.

“A small number are becoming complacent even as the number of COVID-19 cases continues to increase. We are still finding people eating at hawker centres despite dine-in being disallowed, crowds returning to some popular markets, and others loitering and hanging out in groups at parks and public spaces,” wrote Mr Masagos.

Yesterday alone, 150 people breached safe distancing measures and fines were said to be issued to them. Mr Masagos urged everyone to play their part in containing the coronavirus. Otherwise, 28 days of Circuit Breaker may not be enough to break the chain of transmission.
He also acknowledged that the battles against COVID-19 had been difficult, but tough and essential decisions had to be made to keep Singapore and Singaporeans safe.

“Fines will be issued to about 150 people who breached safe distancing measures today. We all know that if we do not play our part to observe the circuit breaker strictly, the 28 days may not be enough to break the chain of transmission, don’t we?”
“Our battle against COVID-19 has been difficult for everyone. And we have had to make tough but essential decisions. But we must do whatever it takes to keep Singaporeans and Singapore safe,” Mr Masagos stated.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had conveyed the same message on 9 April, urging Singaporeans to comply with the Stay Home measures “very strictly”. Ambassadors and public officers had been working hard to cease the offenders of the Circuit Breaker and safe distancing measures.
Mr Lee warned that any group gathering in public would immediately be issued a written warning by enforcement officers.
He advised Singaporeans to comply with the Circuit Breaker to hopefully speed up the process of containing COVID-19. Not forgetting to express understanding of how everyone wanted to return to normalcy, Mr Lee said that it would only happen if Singaporeans took this matter seriously.

Subscribe
Notify of
9 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
You May Also Like

High-flying ex-Dty Police Commissioner to head new food agency despite being “motivated” at SPF

The government announced on Thursday (26 Jul) that a new statutory board…

致癌物NMBA含量超标 卫生局回收三种氯沙坦药物

卫生科学局(HSA)宣布召回三款含氯沙坦(losartan)的治高血压药物:Hyperten、Losagen和Losartas,理由是这些药物中,含有超过国际标准的亚硝酸胺(NMBA)致癌污染物质。 根据卫生部今日(28日)发出的文告,这三款氯沙坦药物,是由印度药厂Hetero Labs制造,其中的致癌物质超出国际可接受的标准。 卫生部估计有13万7000名病患,目前正在使用这三款氯沙坦药物。其中有13万病患是从公共医疗机构获取Losartas牌的治高血压药。 建议勿马上停药,短期内服用不构威胁 不过,卫生科学局不建议病患马上停止服用有关药物,避免影响健康。再者,这些药物短期内不会构成健康威胁。“我们已建议医疗人员,为病患检讨和提供病患其他替代建议。” 病患若不确定自己是否受影响,宜咨询医生以提供建议。 卫生部也指出,那些来临看诊预约在今年7月1日之前的病患,应继续按照原定日期前去看病,并跟医生讨论替代药物方案;至于预约在7月1日或之后的病患,会收到通知请他们提早看病或讨论替代用药方案。 该局也指出,不是所有氯沙坦药物都被召回,我国引进的10款款氯沙坦药物中,只有上述三款含有超过我国容许标准的亚硝酸胺容量。其余七款经化验未发现亚硝酸胺。 公共医疗机构也将增加引进其他未受影响品牌的氯沙坦药物。至于那些正服用氯沙坦药物的病患,在这段期间转换治疗方案时不需支付更多费用,替代药物价格可能相同或更低。至于进行额外诊断和评估也获免除。 而病患退还上述受影响品牌的氯沙坦药物,也将获得退款。 全球高血压药回收风波…

SG medical tourism started by Khaw asking Philip Yeo to implement – Khaw exhorts Yeo with ‘May the Force be with you’

It was reported in the news on Sunday (30 Sep) that the…

Tan Kin Lian shoots down rumour that Leong Sze Han is wealthy enough fund his legal cases against PM Lee

In an attempt to discredit the financial consultant and vlogger, Leong Sze…