In celebration of Mr Leong Sze Hian’s 60th birthday, we present a gift to him in a compilation of Mr Leong’s letters to the TODAY newspaper, where many of the subjects that he touched on were those that affect the lives of ordinary Singaporeans, seeking to educate as well as to inform the general public.
We thank him for his selfless contribution to society and Singaporeans – in appreciation for his effort and time for countless financial consulting offered free of charge to those in need.
The PDF file is compiled in chronological order by Edmund as a birthday gift, and rearranged by Han Hui Hui into 10 different topics, like HDB, CPF, etc, with some minor editing.
Background of Leong Sze Hian
- Past President of the Society of Financial Service Professionals
- An alumnus of Harvard University
- Authored 4 books
- Quoted over 1500 times in the media
- Host of a money radio show, a daily newspaper column
- Wharton Fellow
- SEACeM Fellow
- Columnist for The Online Citizen
- Columnist for Malaysiakini
- Member on the CIFA International Advisory Board
- Executive producer of the movie Ilo Ilo (9 international awards)
- Treasurer of Maruah
- Invited to speak more than 100 times in more than 25 countries on 5 continents.
- Served as Honorary Consul of Jamaica and founding advisor to the Financial Planning Associations of Brunei and Indonesia.
He has 3 Masters, 2 Bachelors degrees and 13 professional qualifications. In addition to this compilation of his letters to the Today newspaper, he has also a few hundred letters published in other newspapers’ forums, and a few thousand articles online in web sites like The Online Citizen, TR Emeritus, The Real Singapore, etc.