The Online Citizen reserves the right to moderate, edit, disallow, remove or delete comments posted on this website which, in TOC’s sole discretion, are deemed to be unwarranted or are of the following nature:
– Vulgarities – in any language, whether colloquial or slang.
– Personal attacks, threats, insults, degrading or derogatory remarks about the author or fellow commenters or others.
– Racially offensive remarks or language.
– Religiously insensitive or provocative remarks or language.
– Handles, nicknames which contain vulgarity – in whatever form, in whatever language, slang or colloquial.
– Comments which has nothing to do with the issue/s or the articles under which the comments are posted.
– Comments which contain inappropriate hyperlinks or are deemed distasteful.
– Lengthy comments which exceed a reasonable length. Comments should not exceed 500 words. Anything more will be subject to approval.
– Self-promotion of products or services or websites, including promotion of religions or religious organizations, unless links are related to article under which it is posted. (If you’d like TOC to help promote your website, products or services, please send us an email.)
Comments which are deemed to have infringed any of the above will be disallowed in its entirety. That is, should a comment infringe any of the above, the entire comment will be disallowed. TOC will no longer edit comments, or particular words or sentences.
Our hope is that a civil, meaningful and respectful discourse can be had by all for discussion and debate. We will not be a platform for anyone who wishes to use it for any other purpose/s.
We ask for your understanding.
The Online Citizen