- The Government can also have a human touch
- Three investments you need to make for online dating success
- Inquiry into NSF Dave Lee’s death too narrow
- NSMen’s inquiry: Need few more months, but already confirmed 2 improvements, policies ‘sound’?
- Paktor owner M17 Entertainment’s IPO trouble: Three questions that must be addressed
- Is the annual pay gap between junior Ministers and junior civil servants as much as 67 times?
- In the Lion City, politicians perfect the art of marrying well
- Cheap labour is a barrier to digital competitiveness
- The Singapore Summit: An exercise in confidence building
- Chief of Defence Force MG Melvyn Ong avoids answering questions on “tekan culture” in SAF
- Why are there so many “unknown” controversial CPF policies and how many more unknown?
- You’ve heard of "fake news", what about "fake awards"?
- MSF's response only heightens the notion that "CPF not our money"
- Dr M meets PM Lee for only 30 min but gives Jack Ma an hour
- MSF responds but fails to address core issue - why is CPF considered an income?
- Netizens amused over spelling error on UOB's "distinguished" credit card frame
- Fed raises key interest rate - SG homeowners expect to pay more interests for mortgages
- Elderly street hawker allegedly asked by authorities to pack stall and leave even though rent was paid
- US Treasury Department targets Singapore for money laundering
- Skepticism towards Speaker Tan Chuan Jin’s urge to employers, “Do not organise work activities that eat into family time”
Subscribe to TOC via Email
Tag Archives: M ravi
Why are cats not allowed in HDB Flats? Did the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) really had no option but to cull those ‘noisy’ chickens? Why does the AVA euthanize hundreds of Mongrels that come through its doors every year? Why can’t animal welfare Read MoreMore...
Prabagaran, a possibly innocent drug mule from Malaysia who was first arrested in 2012, had his Constitutional Challenge rejected by Singapore’s Apex Court earlier this month. On Wednesday afternoon, by way of a Memorandum submitted to the Malaysian Government, he may see his case Read MoreMore...
By M Ravi Since May 2016 and the filing of the media statements by the Attorney-General’s Chambers and the Ministry of Home Affairs, a community of lawyers have observed a steady increase in the number of discouraging comments by the judiciary towards lawyers Read MoreMore...
By M. Ravi This morning, at 6am, the execution of Chijioke Stephen Obioha took place. I am not even sure if his family from Nigeria were able to attend. Soon it will be all forgotten together with Chijioke’s name, but for the many Read MoreMore...
Lawyer M Ravi has issue an apology to the Attorney-General, in response to a complain letter that the AG has sent to the Law Society indicating that he has prematurely released court documents relating to cases he was handling to local and international Read MoreMore...
By Terry Xu 2013-07-06 0
On Friday 5th July 2013, the Court of Appeal ruled that the Constitution of Singapore “Does not give the Prime Minister an unfettered discretion in the calling of an election to fill a casual vacancy of an elected MP. He must do so Read MoreMore...
By Terry Xu 2013-05-07 0
Last updated on October 1st, 2015 at 11:01 amBy Ng Yi Shu From the barely known unknowing drug mules to the politician to the aging author, M Ravi has defended them all. The renowned human rights lawyer recently released a memoir, Kampong Read MoreMore...