Interns wanted! The Online Citizen (TOC) is recruiting interns to work with us as part of our team running one of Singapore’s leading social political websites in Singapore.
Being at the forefront of some of the most controversial issues in Singapore, telling the stories that the mainstream media cannot or refuse to tell, TOC has always strived to champion the voices that are not heard, within our capability to do so. To build this capacity and bring us closer towards our mission, we are calling for interested and able individuals to fill internship positions in TOC.
So if you think you have what it takes to be part of us, write in to us now! Mail to: [email protected]
Scope of work will include:
1) Assisting our social media platforms
2) Writing a daily news report (on our Chinese or English platform)
3) Covering and reporting on events
4) Conducting interviews, including assisting in video reports
5) Assisting the Editor in producing stories and managing the flow of news
1) Have good writing skills (Chinese or English)
2) Be able to commit three months with TOC on a full-time basis
3) Have a keen interest in the social-political scene of Singapore and have a passion for telling stories that shows a different side of Singapore
4) Be familiar with social media use and applications
5) Have some familiarity or experience with WordPress or other online publishing platforms
6) Experience in NGOs, charities, civil society organisations and other voluntary organisations will be a plus
We do not expect all applicants to have the full bag. Those who are inexperienced but keen to learn and are passionate about good journalism in Singapore may still write in to enquire, and we can discuss training opportunities.
Interested candidates should send to us:
1) Your latest resume
2) Photograph of yourself
3) Where available, copies of two articles or letters you have recently published (can be from your blog or other mainstream media channels)
4) Where available, links to your blog or social media page
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be notified with details of the internship.