Singapore-based sociopolitical interview series Inconvenient Questions will be holding a virtual discussion on the Israel-Palestine conflict next Saturday (12 June).
Moderated by IQ chief editor of IQ and former Nominated Member of Parliament Viswa Sadasivan, the dialogue will take place from 5 pm to 6.30 pm (Singapore time).
The discussion will feature three speakers, namely:
- Dr Rami Nasrallah, founder and chairman of the International Peace and Cooperation Centre (IPCC) in Jerusalem;
- Paul Hirschson, senior Israeli diplomat and former international media spokesperson for the Israeli Foreign Ministry; and
- Sriram Panchu, senior advocate and president of Mediators India. He was part of the mediation panel appointed by the Indian Supreme Court to settle a decades-long conflict between the Hindu and Muslim communities over a holy site.
The dialogue aims to understand and explore “deeper causes of the conflict” and to “explore longer term solutions leveraging on the present ceasefire” that came into force on 21 May, as well as to examine why mediation has not been successful, according to the event description.
In addition to the three speakers, IQ will also hear from an international panel of youth leaders, including:
- Brian Wong, a Rhodes Scholar from Hong Kong, pursuing their postgraduate studies in DPhil in Politics at Balliol College, University of Oxford. They are also the founder and director of the Oxford Political Review;
- Rani Soebijantoro, founder-chairwoman and managing partner of AMBIZ, a management consultancy specialising in impact-driven businesses. She was selected as a Leader of Tomorrow by the St Gallen Symposium; and
- Tommy Koh, assistant director (ASEAN Division) at Singapore’s Ministry of Trade and Industry. He holds a Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs from the University of British Columbia and chairs the steering committee of the St Gallen Symposium Singapore Chapter.
The discussion will take place on DIVE, a Germany-based audio-only mobile channel. Those seeking to participate will be required to sign up with DIVE before registering for the discussion.
Tickets to the event are available here.
More information on IQ International and its recent videos are available on this website.