The Ministry of National Development (MND) has announced board appointment changes at the Housing & Development Board (HDB) and the new term of the HDB Board will be from 1 Oct 2018 to 30 Sep 2020.
In a press release on Friday (28 September) the ministry stated that chairman of the Board, Mr Bobby Chin Yoke Choong, who is also the Chairman of NTUC Fairprice Co-operative Ltd, has been re-appointed, along with six other members.
Meanwhile, another four members have stepped down from the Board and four new members have joined the Board.
The authorities stated that the four new HDB Board members are from diverse backgrounds, with broad expertise and experience in information technology, finance and the public service. They are:
- BG Goh Si Hou, Chief of Army, Singapore Armed Forces.
- Mr Stephen Lim Beng Lin, CEO, SQL View Pte Ltd.
- Ms Jacqueline Loh Wai Yin, Deputy Managing Director, Monetary Policy and Investment / Development and International / FinTech and Innovation, Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Mr Patrick Tay Teck Guan, Member of Parliament, West Coast GRC and Assistant Secretary-General, NTUC.
The authorities noted that along Mr Chin, six Board members have also been re-appointed.
- Mr Tham Sai Choy, Chartered Accountant.
- Mr Mohd Sa’at Bin Abdul Rahman, Editor, Berita Harian/Berita Minggu, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd.
- Professor Lily Kong Lee Lee, Provost and Lee Kong Chian Chair Professor of Social Sciences, Singapore Management University.
- Professor Heng Chye Kiang, Lum Chang Chair Professor, School of Design & Environment, National University of Singapore.
- Dr Sudha Nair, Executive Director, PAVE.
- Dr Cheong Koon Hean, Chief Executive Officer, Housing & Development Board.
Meanwhile, four Board members have stepped down at the end of their term on 30 September 2018.
- Mr Matthias Yao Chih, Director, Agmonton Pte Ltd.
- Mr Ong Chong Tee, Deputy Managing Director (Financial Supervision), Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Ms Teoh Zsin Woon, Deputy Secretary (Transformation), Public Service Division, Prime Minister’s Office.
- BG Kelvin Khong Boon Leong, Chief of Staff – Joint Staff, Singapore Armed Forces.
MND and HDB expressed their thanks to them for their service, guidance and invaluable contributions during their term of appointment.