Green Is the New Black and PARKROYAL on Pickering are pleased to announce the fourth edition of Green Is the New Black: The Conscious Festival, to be held on Sunday, 1 October 2017 (11AM-7PM) at PARKROYAL on Pickering.
As the first festival of its kind in Singapore, Green Is the New Black (GITNB) is a conscious event for people who want to improve the way they think, live and consume while doing more good in the world. This is a place where social and environmental responsibility and fun go hand in hand.
The festival empowers individuals to take #LittleGreenSteps to #LiveMoreConsciously, through a Mindful Marketplace (free entry) and Transformational Talks (ticketed). Bringing together the best mindful local and international brands, speakers, and change makers who are making meaningful change in their industries, the festival provides a curated platform to raise awareness around sustainable consumption and lifestyle choices, so that people can make informed decisions about the way they live.
Founded by Stephanie Dickson, a marketer, event organiser and avid connector of conscious individuals and brands, Green Is the New Black’s mission is to empower the greater community to take positive action to leave the world in a better place and connect with ourselves, others and mother nature. In May 2017, the event featured over 25 speakers, 100 local brands, attracted over 2000 attendees and reached over 50 million people digitally.
Stephanie Dickson, says, “We are very excited to be back again with our fourth festival for the third year running. This time we are really focusing on #LittleGreenSteps that all of us can take each day so that we can #LiveMoreConsciously. We want people to leave with tangible actions they can do on a daily basis, and show that sustainability can be accessible in Singapore. We are diving deep with our talks, edu-tainment activities and interactive art – proving that going green can be fun and easy.”
The event welcomes families and little ones and has a variety of activities that are fun for everyone, including games, live music and dancing, glitter and interactive art where everyone can be an artist.
Lee Kin Seng, Director of Marketing Communications of PARKROYAL on Pickering, says, “We’re delighted to host this year’s Green Is The New Black festival at PARKROYAL on Pickering. The principles of sustainability and living in harmony with nature are central to PARKROYAL on Pickering’s unique hotel-in-a-garden concept and guest experience. In addition to employing many sustainable practices such as rain harvesting and solar power, the hotel also features some 15,000 square meters of greenery, constituting more than twice the land footprint of the hotel. Congratulations to the Green Is The New Black team on this exciting new initiative and we look forward to welcoming exhibitors, speakers and members of the public to our hotel and sharing in the experience and learning.”
Speaker highlights include:
- Dr. Ali Walker – HayHouse author, speaker and consultant on human and social potential, Alexandra explores the connections between the personal, the social and global.
- Craig Leeson– Award winning filmmaker and journalist, activist and adventurer, and the director of A Plastic Ocean, Craig uses story to connect with audiences around the world.
- Andrea Paige– With a doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Andrea uses multiple medical modalities and yoga to empower people to take their health back into their own hands.
The event is FREE TO ENTER for the public, however there is a fee for the TALKS.
- For all updates guests can log on to the event page: (http://tinyurl.com/gitnb2017)
- Guests can register for free entry here: (http://tinyurl.com/gitnb2017freeentry)
- Tickets for the TALKS are available here: (https://bescene.sg/event/gitnb2017thetalks)