Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for National Security Teo Chee Hean is making an official visit to Beijing, the People’s Republic of China, from 26 to 28 February 2017 at the invitation of Member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and Vice Premier of the State Council of the People’s Republic of China Zhang Gaoli.
According to the Prime Minister Office (PMO), DPM Teo is co-chairing the 13th Joint Council for Bilateral Cooperation (JCBC) meeting with Vice Premier Zhang on Monday (27 February) morning.
The JCBC is an annual high-level bilateral platform to discuss ways to deepen and broaden Singapore-China cooperation, in line with the agreement between President Xi Jinping and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in 2015 for an "All-Round Cooperative Partnership Progressing with the Times".
It said that DPM Teo and Vice Premier Zhang will also co-chair meetings of the 18th China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park Joint Steering Council (JSC) and 9th Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-city JSC.
One highlight will be the inaugural meeting of the China-Singapore (Chongqing) Demonstration Initiative on Strategic Connectivity (Chongqing Connectivity Initiative) JSC, where the progress made on the three flagship Government-to-Government projects will be reviewed, as well as discussing the direction of future bilateral cooperation.
DPM Teo will also be hosted to a welcome lunch by Vice Premier Zhang.
PMO stated that DPM Teo will have separate meetings with other Chinese leaders. He will also meet the Singaporean community in Beijing at a Ministerial Dialogue hosted by the Singapore Embassy in Beijing and the Singapore Chamber of Commerce and Industry in China (SingCham), in conjunction with SingCham’s 15th anniversary.
DPM Teo is accompanied by:
- Minister for Trade and Industry (Trade) Lim Hng Kiang,
- Minister for Foreign Affairs Dr Vivian Balakrishnan,
- Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu, Minister,
- Prime Minister’s Office Chan Chun Sing,
- Minister for National Development and Second Minister for Finance Lawrence Wong,
- Minister for Education (Schools) and Second Minister for Transport Ng Chee Meng,
- Minister for Education (Higher Education and Skills) and Second Minister for Defence Ong Ye Kung,
- Senior Minister of State for Environment and Water Resources and Health Dr Amy Khor,
- Senior Minister of State for Prime Minister’s Office, Foreign Affairs and Transport Josephine Teo,
- Senior Minister of State for Culture, Community and Youth and Trade and Industry Sim Ann,
- Minister of State for National Development and Trade and Industry Dr Koh Poh Koon,
- as well as senior officials from various Ministries and agencies.