The ruling People's Action Party (PAP) has elected its members of the party's central executive committee (CEC), the highest decision-making body, at its 34th party conference held at Singapore Expo on Sunday (4 October).
12 members were voted in, while two others were co-opted.
They will be part of the body for a two-year term starting 2017.
The elected CEC members were largely unchanged from the previous committee. Here is the list of those who are elected, in no particular order of the votes they got:
- Party Secretary-General, Lee Hsien Loong
- Party chairman Khaw Boon Wan
- Vice-chairman, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim
- First assistant Secretary-General Teo Chee Hean
- Second Assistant Secretary-General Tharman Shanmugaratnam
- Treasurer Lim Swee Say
- Assistant Treasurer K. Shanmugam
- Speaker of Parliament Halimah Yacob
- Organising secretaries Gan Kim Yong
- Organising secretaries Chan Chun Sing
- Member, Grace Fu
- Member, Heng Swee Keat
Tan Chuan-Jin, among the top 12 in 2015, and Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, who were not in the last CEC, were co-opted into the CEC this time round. Dr Vivian replaces Mr Ng Eng Hen who was previously PAP Organising Secretary
Ms Halimah is part of top 12 for this election. In 2014, according to party practice, she received either the 13th- or 14th-highest vote and was later co-opted.
The last election in end-2014 also saw 14 members named to the CEC, with four more co-opted in January 2015.