HDB announced on 17 August that 4,841 flats were launched for sale under the August 2016 Build-To-Order (BTO) exercise.
These flats are spread across five projects :
- Three in the non-mature towns of Hougang, Sembawang and Yishun.
- Two in the mature town of Tampines.
This third BTO launch in 2016, with the 4,170 flats launched in February and 8,940 flats in May, amounts a total of 17,951 HDB flats in 2016 to meet the housing needs of Singaporeans.
Wide range of flats to meet different budgets and needs
A wide range of flats, comprising 2-room Flexi to Three-Generation (3Gen) flats, will be offered to meet the diverse housing needs of first-timers, second-timers, multi-generation families, elderly and singles.
Eligible first-timer families can enjoy up to $80,000 of housing grants, comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) (up to $40,000) and the Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG) (up to $40,000).
With these grants, buyers of 2-room Flexi, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats could pay as little as $4,000, $86,000, $185,000 and $301,000 respectively.
First-timers can continue to enjoy priority in flat allocation.
Married or courting couples who wish to live together with their parent(s) can apply for a 3Gen flat in Tampines GreenVerge.
Other multi-generation families who wish to live near each other in the same BTO project can apply for flats in Buangkok Woods, Tampines GreenVerge, Tampines GreenView and Valley Spring at Yishun under the Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS).
Advice for Flat Buyers
HDB gave some advice to the flat buyers:
- Applicants are advised to apply for a BTO flat in non-mature towns for a higher chance of success in securing a flat.
- Applicants are encouraged to check for updates before submitting their application. Regular updates on the number of applications submitted for the various flat types/towns will be published on the HDB InfoWEB.
- Prospective flat buyers are advised to view the details of the flats online via the HDB InfoWEB at their convenience, instead of making a trip down to HDB Hub. More information on the BTO flats on offer is available on the HDB InfoWEB.
- Applicants need not rush to put in their applications. Applications are shortlisted through a computer ballot, and not on a first-come-first-served basis. Flat applicants have 7 days to consider and submit their online application during the BTO exercise.
Application for August 2016 BTO Exercise
Application for new flats launched in the August 2016 BTO exercise can be submitted online on the HDB InfoWEB from 17 Aug 2016 (Wednesday) to 23 Aug 2016 (Tuesday). Applicants may only apply for one flat type in one town.
Applicants who wish to take up an HDB housing loan for their flat purchase need to produce a valid HDB Loan Eligibility (HLE) Letter when they book a flat. They are encouraged to apply for an HLE Letter early so that they can plan their flat purchase in advance. The HLE Letter will indicate the maximum loan that can be offered based on individuals’ financial situation. Applicants can check their loan eligibility and apply for an HLE letter at www.hdb.gov.sg/hleapply.
For enquiries, the public can:
- Log on to esales.hdb.gov.sg; or
- E-mail [email protected]; or
- Visit the HDB Sales Office to speak with our Customer Relations Executives during office hours (Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm, Saturday 8 am to 1 pm).
Upcoming BTO-cum-SBF Launch in November 2016
In November 2016, HDB will offer about 5,090 BTO flats in Bedok, Bidadari, Kallang Whampoa and Punggol. About 5,000 balance flats will be offered in a concurrent Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercise. More information on the flats to be offered under the November 2016 BTO exercise is available on the HDB InfoWEB.