By Jessica M.
Considering the merits of adopting video conferencing into your business communication? Here are eleven reasons why you should:
- Better Connection. gigaom.com’s report says that 87 percent of remote users connect better to the process and their teams when they use video conferencing. The face-to-face interaction delivers more information than email ever could. With 65 per cent of communication being non-verbal, video helps a lot in making the team work go seamless and productive, reducing the chances of anyone being misunderstood.
- Top Talent Incentive. Companies are using video conferencing to attract top talents. With 87 percent of executives saying they prefer to work for a company that offers video conferencing perks, according to a report on Thinkingphones.com, hiring companies are starting to design work solutions for employees that are more flexible, now more than ever. According to an infographic on the Webex.com blog, 66 percent of candidates also opt for video during the interview process because it cuts down on the travel costs—and the effort—it takes to get to and from the office for an interview.
- Faster Team Decisions. Your team can get more work done when they discuss points or debate positions regarding work issues, policies and projects through web conferencing than through a back and forth email exchange. Faster decisions mean faster completion of projects, which means no backlogs. Backlogs are costly. When your production team is on track, everybody is happy.
- Quick Hiring. Preliminary interviews that use video conferencing provide the hiring team with greater insight into the applicants, whether they’re feeling nervous—which is normal—or overconfident. Recruiters can pick up on these emotional cues better on video than on, say, chat or email. In most cases, it’s also easy to see if the candidate is a match or not. That helps recruiters cull out the best candidates from the pile much, much faster.
- Employee Retention. Motivating the best of your employees to stay is simple. Just offer them what they want. In the same infographic from the Webex.com blog, it says 95 percent of employers stated that telecommuting has a significant effect on whether their employees stay or go. That’s a huge number. So one way businesses can save on rehiring and recruitment costs is simply by offering work from home solutions, which video conferencing makes possible. That’s sure to go a long way to ensuring high retention.
- Staying in Touch. Wherever your team is in the world, you can connect to them with video chats, whether they’re in Europe or Asia. Provider of video technology solutions has a presence in many international markets, from the UK to NZ to the new Blue Jeans network SG. With systems like that available, staying connected to your team is easy, whether they’re off on a 6-month backpacking trip around the globe or working in the café two blocks away. This also works when you need to update everybody and some of your team is home, sick or stranded in traffic. Video conferencing can be a handy way to make sure everybody is on the same page.
- No Hardware. Some video conferencing solutions are cloud-based. That means you won’t have to worry about spending buckets on expensive hardware just to get your video infrastructure up. That also means you won’t have to spend buckets on hardware upgrades, not anymore. With cloud-based systems, your team can share files, do meetings and brainstorm on video all with their smart devices.
- Works with Smart Technology. The advantage of video conferencing systems being able to run on smart devices is access. It means compatibility with a lot of other apps out there. That’s important because it allows your business to design and build an integrated and more powerful communication system.
- Travel Less. Travel is often stressful. That includes the daily commute to and from the office and the business trips that companies often require from their employees, whether to attend a seminar or company meeting at Headquarters. With video conferencing though, companies can slash more than half of the hours employees regularly waste by traveling.
- More Productive Teams. Because your team no longer has to travel so much, you can expect better productivity from them. Travel is a distraction and there’s always a possibility that something out of your control is going to happen and when it does, it takes away energy, time and attention from the work. With less travel, your team can devote all their energies to their projects and deadlines and work at their best.
- The cost savings are one of the best reasons for why businesses should adopt video conferencing. It saves up on recruitment costs because it boosts employee retention with work-from-home solutions. It keeps your travel costs down since meetings can now happen online. Businesses don’t even have to worry about buying expensive hardware or upgrading that hardware sometime in the future. It also improves team productivity, decision-making and best of all, makes work-life balance real for many employees.