Singapore residents wishing to pay their last respects to former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew have been advised to do so at the various community tribute sites located around the island.
Below are some pictures from the site for Pasir-Ris Punggol, located at the hard court behind Sengkang Community Club. The queues are short, and there are no security checks. Visitors can pen their tributes in books and sticky notes, and leave flowers and memorabilia at the site.
There are 18 such sites:
- Aljunied GRC: Kovan Hub
- Ang Mo Kio GRC: Ang Mo Kio Central Stage @ Ang Mo Kio Town Centre
- Bishan-ToaPayoh GRC: Toa Payoh Central Community Club
- Choa Chu Kang GRC: Hardcourt opposite Choa Chu Kang MRT Station
- East Coast GRC: Open space @ Bedok Town Centre
- Holland-Bukit Timah GRC: Senja-Cashew Community Club
- Jurong GRC: Canopy beside Jurong Regional Library
- Marine Parade GRC: Kampong Kembangan Community Club (Foyer)
- Moulmein-Kallang GRC: Hong Lim Park next to Telok Ayer Hong Lim Green Community Centre
- Nee Soon GRC: Hardcourt at Blk 749 Yishun Street 72
- Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC: Sengkang Community Hub (Hardcourt)
- Sembawang GRC: Woodlands Civic Centre (Open Space)
- Tampines GRC: Tampines Community Plaza
- Tanjong Pagar GRC: Tanjong Pagar Community Club
- West Coast GRC: Blk 442 and Blk 449 Clementi Ave 3
- People’s Association Headquarters
- Marina Barrage
- Singapore Botanic Gardens
The sites will be open until the end of state funeral for Mr Lee on 29 March.