Following the success of SDP's football competition organised last year, the Young Democrats are pleased to announce the 2nd SDP Football Tournament. This will be held on 22 September 2012 (Saturday) at [email protected], 69 Balestier Road.
Cash prizes of up to $600 will be up for grabs!
The number of participating teams will be increased and as with the tournament last year, exhibition matches will be the highlight.
There will be one addition in this year's event: We will be inviting the various political parties to send in teams for the tournament. Not only are the Democrats ready to fight it out on the political front, we're also ready to mix it up on the pitch!
So come, show us what you’ve got and register for the Tournament NOW! There'll be lots of football fun. We’ll see you at kick-off!
06/08/2012 – Team Registration Opens
15/09/2012, 0800hrs – Deadline for Registration Fee Payment and Team Registration
22/09/2012, 1400hrs – SDP Football Tournament 2012
The Singapore Democrats are stepping up our efforts to reach out to the community – this time by organising a football tournament. We will be hosting the SDP Football Carnival, an event jointly organised by our Young Democrats and Ground Operations Unit.
The competition is the first of its kind in Singapore and was a resounding success last year. It is open to teams made up of 9 players who will vie for the SDP Challenge Trophy.
1. Winners will be awarded the SDP Challenge Trophy with the champion team's name engraved on the trophy.
2. Medals will be given to players of the champions, 1st runner-up and 2nd runner-up.
3. The registration fee is $100 per team.
4. For more inquiries, please email Clarence at [email protected]
Eligibility and Entry
1. The competition is open to members of the public.
2. Each team consists of a minimum of 6 players with 3 reserves.
3. The Registration Form and fees must be submitted by 15 September 2012.
Format of competition
1. Playing time
Each game will last 10 minutes with no change of halves or interval.
The rolling substitution system is adopted for this event ie. teams can bring on their substitutes without waiting for a stoppage.
The substitute must alert the technical official/s before he/she can replace the outgoing player.
The substitute must wait for the outgoing player to leave the court before joining the play.
There will be one goalkeeper and five outfield players.
Players can score from any part of the court as long as the ball is in play.
When the ball goes out of play, throw-ins are replaced by kick-ins.
3. Play format
Teams will be divided into groups in a round-robin format. 3 points are awarded for a win; 1 point for a draw and 0 point for a loss.
The top two teams from each group will proceed to play knock-out matches to determine the champion.
In the event of a tie in the semi-finals and the finals, the winner of the game will be decided on a penalty shoot-out of 3 penalty kicks. If the shoot-out still ends in a tie, the sudden death shoot-out will be applied to decide an eventual winner.
In the event of a tie in the number of points, the outcome will be based on:
better goal difference (Goals For minus Goals Against)
greater number of goals scored (Goals For)
1. Please be punctual.
2. Please wear proper sports attire, eg. T-shirt, shorts/sports pants and sports shoes. Avoid wearing all black attire.
3. For safety reasons jewellery, adornments and accessories are not allowed to be worn during the games. However, religious headgear and sports bands are permitted. Players with spectacles are advised to remove them or secure them with spectacle bands.
1. Sliding tackles/tackles from behind are prohibited. The referee will eject the offending player from the court.
2. The referee/Organising Committee reserve the right to eject any player who indulges in any form of serious foul play, brings the game into disrepute or behaves in an offensive, unruly or abusive manner towards other players, officials or members of the Organising Committee. A team may be disqualified from the Competition if it infringes this rule.
3. Any dispute or complaint should be raised to the referee during the day of the competition. The referee shall decide there and then. The decision of the referee in any dispute or complaint is final.
Change of Rules
The Organising Committee reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations as and when appropriate. The decision of the Organising Committee in any dispute is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
The SDP, appointed contractors, sponsors, appointed officials and staff shall not be responsible for any mishap, injury or loss of life that may be suffered by participants and supporters before, during or after the event.