Just a brief update on the programme at Hong Lim Park tomorrow, 6 December, 2008.
Event: The Online Citizen’s 2nd anniversary celebration plus U60's celebration of the United Nations’ 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. TOC’s focus will be on the poor and needy. (Do visit U60's website here for latest events.)
Title of Event: “Social Justice and Fairness: First-World Country in the 21st Century”.
Date: 6 December, 2008
Time: 5pm to 7pm
Venue: Speakers’ Corner, Hong Lim Park (Clark Quay MRT station, Exit A).
- 5 TOC members will be making speeches
- Group of volunteers collecting signatures of support for Mr Tan Kin Lian to contest the elections
- Members of U60 to give their support to the event
- Tan Kin Lian to update minibonds/structured products investors on the latest
- TOC will give out namecards to its members as a form of acknowledgement for their contribution. A simple gesture.
- U60 leaflets will be given out
- U60 to provide banners for the event
- Promotional leaflets for Mr Leong Sze Hian’s latest book, “Issues That Matter – Uniquely Singapore: F1 or F9?”
- Choo Zheng Xi will provide updates on TOC’s two years of existence
- Leong Sze Hian will speak on HDB policies and how they are affecting the poor
- Ravi Philemon on “distributive justice” and our education policy
- Andrew Loh on Public Assistance and why the Government should do more and update on town councils' replies to investments.
- Tan Kin Lian on egalitarianism and why our elected leaders should represent the people
Come join us for a day where we take our discourse to the public arena at Hong Lim Park. Bring your friends, family, colleagues and help us pass the word around. Feel free to bring mats to sit on.
But most of all, do help to make sure the elderly in the audience are taken care of. Please lend them a hand.
And please don’t damage the grass! 🙂
Thank you and see you there!