Various warnings were issued by authorities to members of the public as the festive season is coming closer.
Singapore Police Force (SPF) posted a chart to alert people as this time of the year most people still have some festive shopping to do.
The Police repost tips from Carousell on buying things online.
The chart warns members of the public to just arrange a meet-up when buying, especially if you are unsure about the seller and you buy higher valued items. Also, you should option for a registered mail so that you can track it.
Whenever you are selling, mail the item only when you have received the payment, keep the conversation within your mobile phones, and whenever you are in doubt, again, just arrange for a meet up.
Singapore Civil Defence Force also issued an alert for members of the public to always be cautious to prevent fire. It asked people to:
- Never overload electrical outlets with electrical appliances.
- Always switch off appliances when they are not in use.
- Check the condition of the wireless regularly; frayed wires or cracked cords should be replaced or repaired immediately.
- Do not run wires under carpets or mats and keep wires away from hot surfaces.
- Use electrical wires which carry the safety marks.